Jussi Linkola – CV in English
Email: j.linkola (at) gmail.com / Phone: +358 50 337 2642
Project coordinator / lecturer – [2008- ]
- Coordination of research and development projects in Digital Media specialisation option.
- Participating in R&D-projects mostly linked with social media, digital media and www-communication.
- Planning internal and external communication using wiki platforms (Mediawiki & Confluence) and blogs (WordPress).
- Lecturing about social media, wikis, and blogs.
- Teaching www-publication and building www-pages.
- Tutoring adult students in Digital Media specialisation option.
Network expert – [2000-2007]
Elisa Corporation, Helsinki
- Delivery of Internet services for business customers.
- Domain name registrations and consultations related to different domain extensions and registrars.
- Maintenance of DNS on Elisa Internet’s name servers. Consultations related to configuration, implementation and function of E-mail, www and other Internet services.
- Building and updating my team’s intranet including instructions and guidelines concerning the team’s work.
Education and training
Master of Culture and Arts – [2011-2012]
Media Production, Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Degree Programme in Media Production.
Bachelor of Culture and Arts – [2004-2007]
New Media Design, Helsinki Polytechnic Stadia, Faculty of Culture and Services
Diploma in business and administration – [1995-1997]
Oriented in ADP, Helsinki Business College, Helsinki.
Matriculation Examination – 
Linnan lukio, Kajaani.
Upper secondary school – [1988-1991]
Oriented in arts, Linnan lukio, Kajaani.
Other studies, short courses etc.
Project Management and Project Communications – 
A one day course for Metropolia’s project personnel. Trainer: Kai Ruuska Prodictor Oy.
Composing free and open online educational resources – 
A ten week course in the finnish Wikiversity. Teachers: Jukka Purma, Tarmo Toikkanen & Teemu Leinonen.
Teaching Multicultural Groups – 
Course is designed for teachers of multicultural groups and those interested in developing intercultural teaching competence. Trainer: Dr. Lorna Roberts, Research Fellow, Education and Social Research Institute, Manchester Metropolitan University, England
TCP/IP advanced course – 
A two day course on IP-routing, Cisco IOS, IPv4 and IPv6. Trainer: Toni Laaksonen, Oy Heltel Ab.
From paper to network – what changes in writing? – 
Training course for Elisa’s www-writers. Trainer: Anja Alasilta.
Customer service [1997-1999]
Several short courses for Elisa Internet’s Helpdesk Employees.
Mother tongue: Finnish
- English, excellent reading writing and verbal skills
- Swedish, good reading skills, basic writing and verbal skills
Excellent skills and experience on HTML and CSS and making www pages. Basic skills on PHP and MySQL.
Good skills on WordPress, Drupal and MediaWiki platforms, both using and installing.
Good skills and experience on Unix operating systems. Good skills and experience on BIND DNS Server and on DNS in general.
Good skills on Adobe Photoshop image editing software.
Basic skills on Flash and Actionscript + Flash Lite.
Basic skills on Premiere Pro video editing software.
Other skills and interests
Good skills, experience and special interest in music and specially on electric guitar playing at a semi-professional level.
Keeping up physical health by cycling, walking, running, swimming and doing yoga.
Interest in visual arts of all kinds: painting, photography, sculpture, architecture, graphics.